CONDITIONAL SENTENCE

I. CONDITIONAL SENTENCES TYPE ONE
Pattern : IF + present ( S + V1 + O ), simple future ( S + Will + V1 + O)
Examples :
a. She will study in a university if she graduates from school.
b. If there is new information, I will tell you.
c. If you help me, I will be very grateful.
d. If she doesn’t do homework, her mother will be angry with her.
e. If we don’t finish this job on time, our boss will fire us.

II. CONDITIONAL SENTENCES TYPE TWO

It is used to express a condition that is not true in the present time.
Pattern : IF + Past tense ( S + V2 + O ) , Past Future ( S + Would + V1 + O )
IF + nominal sentence past ( S + Were + O ) , Past Future ( S + Would + V1 + O )
Examples:
a. If I were an artsit, I would travel around the world. (I am not an artist now)
b. If I had a lot of money now, I would buy that house. (I don’t have a lot of money now)
c. What would you do if you were a president? (I am not a president now)
d. I would give her a surprise if she were here now. (she is not here now)
e. If I had a chance to be someone else, I would choose to be a king. (I don’t have a chance to be)

III. CONDITIONAL SENTENCES TYPE THREE
It is used to express a condition that is not true in the past time.
Pattern : IF + past perfect (S +Had + V3 +O ) , Past Future ( S + Would + have + V3 + O )
Examples :
a. If he had gotten a scholarship last year, he would have studied in Australia.
(He didn’t get scholarship last year, so he couldn’t study in Australia)
b. You wouldn’t have got an accident if you had driven carefully yesterday.
(You drove carelessly yesterday so you got an accident)
c. If you had studied last night, you would have got a good score.
(You didn’t study last night, so you got a bad score)
d. If we hadn’t shown him a direction yesterday, he would have gone ashtray.
(We showed him the direction yesterday, so he didn’t go ashtray)
e. I would have been in America if I had received the job last week.
(I was not in America last week, because I didn’t receive the job)

Related Posts

Formulir Kontak

Nama

Email *

Pesan *